Who is Entitled to a Free Vaccination?
Even if you feel healthy, you should definitely consider having the free seasonal flu vaccination if you have:
a heart problem
• a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis or emphysema
• a kidney disease
• lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as steroid medication or cancer treatment)
• a liver disease
• had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
• a neurological condition, for example multiple sclerosis (MS) or cerebral palsy
• a problem with your spleen, for example sickle cell disease, or you have had your spleen removed.
You should also have the seasonal flu vaccination if you:
are aged 65 years or over
• live in a residential or nursing home
• are the main carer of an older or disabled person, or
• are pregnant